The broad spectrum wormer for poultry
Flubenol™ 5% contains flubendazole, a broad-spectrum anthelmintic with high efficacy against all gastrointestinal worm species that commonly occur in poultry. It is effective against roundworms (Ascaridia galli, Heterakis gallinarum, Capillaria spp., Amidostomum anseris and Trichostrongylus tenuis), gapeworm (Syngamus trachea) and tapeworms (Raillietina sp.). Its safety profile allows a safe and secure use in most poultry species, including the breeding stock.
Important Safety Information
Always read and follow the label directions.
The use of Flubenol 5% is contraindicated in pigeons and parrots.
In connection with potential hypersensitivity reactions and contact dermatitis when mixing, handling and/or administering the product, direct skin contact with the product and inhalation of the product should be avoided. For this purpose, the person administering the product should wear gloves and a dust mask.
- Chickens: Meat: nil
- Eggs: at the therapeutic dose of 30 ppm. no withdrawal time has to be observed
- Turkeys and geese: may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 1 day from the last treatment
- Game birds: may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 4 days from the last treatment
Directions for Use
Chickens and geese
30 g flubendazole per tonne of feed (30 ppm) for 7 consecutive days. In case of infestation with tapeworm (Rallietina sp.), give 60 g flubendazole per tonne of feed (60 ppm) for 7 consecutive days.
Pheasants and partridges
60 g flubendazole per tonne of feed (60 ppm) for 7 consecutive days.
20 g flubendazole per tonne of feed (20 ppm) for 7 consecutive days.
Flubenol™ 5% should be mixed into the feed and the mixture administered. For a group treatment, make sure that all animals take in enough Flubenol™ 5%. The medicine should therefore be well mixed into the feed so that a homogenous mixture is obtained. It should not be strewn over pellets or crumbs since this gives a non-homogeneous mixture.
- 20 g flubendazole per tonne (20 ppm) corresponds to 400 g of Flubenol™ 5% per tonne of feed.
- 30 g flubendazole per tonne (30 ppm) corresponds to 600 g of Flubenol™ 5% per tonne of feed.
- 60 g flubendazole per tonne (60 ppm) corresponds to 1.2 kg of Flubenol™ 5% per tonne of feed.
With small numbers of animals, one measuring spoonful (supplied with the product) is mixed into 11 kg of complete feed for pheasants and partridges, into 21.5 kg complete feed for chickens and geese and into
32 kg complete feed for turkeys
Treatment with Flubenol™ 5% gives optimal results only when strict hygiene of the poultry houses is practiced.